[HLUG] Linux presentation day Apr 30

Julian Robbins joolsr1 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 12:50:46 UTC 2016

Hi

I mentioned at last meeting briefly.

There is a new event in the Linux calendar very popular in Germany Austria
and Switzerland and growing. They want to increase the global reach and
want uk lugs to get involved.

The event Linux-presentation-day.org offers a general introduction to the
general public and open source.

Perhaps we can do an event ie demoing Linux on lots of platforms or
chromebooks raspberry pi. skipware builds etc

The idea is to simply introduce folk to Linux and open source and help
support them on their journey.

Might be good to have a different event but only if we can get enough
people on board for the event to run and promote it properly ...

What do the group think ? Are we up for this ?