[HLUG] Installing a WIN98 software disc

Julian Robbins joolsr1 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 28 14:09:38 UTC 2016

Hi Roy

Yes Wine may work try the winehq.org website to see if the software you
want to run may work with wine on Linux. Older software tends to fair
better.

Otherwise which is a bind is to try the Linux applications that are
available in your distro that will probably do what you want instead.

http://www.linuxalt.com will provide altenatives to Windows and other
applications.

As the Linux apps are usually completely free of charge the only thing you
may lose is the time to try them out .

If there are any particular apps you used on win98  please ask on the list
as usually someone will be able to suggest a good alternative.

Let us know how to goes

Julian