[HLUG] 32bit efi

Ann catether at talktalk.net
Fri Jan 8 22:30:29 UTC 2016

I tried ubuntu but you need to make a lot of changes and even then it
might not work. However, since this email I have found that Sparky Linux
32bit supports 32bit efi, downloaded the xfce version and got so far,
you have to partition yourself using gparted which was a bit of a pain..
but after all that there was an error at the end of installation. Will
try again tomorrow and might download the mate version. The Sparky
facebook group are very helpful btw. Never buy a second hand easynote
though.. 32bit motherboard and a 64bit processor, no legacy option
either. I will let you all know if I succeed as it might be a useful bit
of information. My object is to try Arch via virtual box so I need this
spare machine...  no I am not attempting Gentoo, ha ha.
Ann