[HLUG] Yesterday's Hlug meeting notes

Julian Robbins joolsr1 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 13:07:14 UTC 2016

Hi

As i have a day off from work i thought id update those who couldn't make
it last night with a couple of plans and notes from last night.

Re Software Freedom Day (normally held in mid Sept) we decided that we
would be better teaming up with another LUG to see if they would like to
team up to put on an event. Malvern, Worcester, Powys, Shropshire,
Gloucestershire are our nearest.  As Malvern have had a couple of folk help
in the past for such events and as we share a few members (Geoff on wheels)
we decided to approach them first.  I will email them and see if they are
interested. The reasons why we're looking to team up are that we may not
have quite enough members to do it justice on the day based on last couple
of events. Please get in touch if you would like to be involved. I will
post notes on what weve done before .

Second thing. I suggested that we should have a meeting outdoors for a
change as its summer as we did this a few years back and it was always fun.

George has volunteered that we can use his place near Leominster so this
will be the plan for julys meeting which will be 4th weds of the month as
usual which is 27h July. George will post directions beforehand.

We are hoping to arrange a BBQ if anyone has the equipment to help with
this. And please bring a bottle or whatever your usual tipple is , we can
arrange some car shares too if this helps.