[HLUG] Icedove

Geoff Bagley geoff at geoffbagley.plus.com
Sat May 7 15:35:00 UTC 2016

I am writing this on a six-year old ASUS machine which has served me
well for the whole of its existence - until now.

It has developed an overheating fault, and becomes prone to crashing.
I am then forced to cool it until I can use it again.

I am in the process of transferring all my activities to a much
newer LENOVO machine.  Both machines are running Debian "Wheezy".

Sadly, the newer machine will not allow me to install Icedove.
This is very strange. I have been running Debian ever since "Woody".

I have a lot of stuff on the newer (Lenovo) machine which I am very
reluctant to ditch.
Does anyone have any suggestions ?
I suppose I could get the ASUS mended,  or reprogram the Lenovo.

I will now close this ASUS mail before the overheating takes over!
I have another address besides the one above.
geoff.bagley at gmail.com

Best regards.
Geoff.

PS I cannot get to the Hereford meetings anymore because I
have given up  driving at 87 years young.