[HLUG] Linux Ubuntu help ?

Ann Tether catether at talktalk.net
Sat May 21 09:16:49 UTC 2016

I found when I first used Linux Mint and kept xp that if the sound was
muted in xp of course it would not work in Mint. There is an odd thing
in Manjaro which I now use is that if you use the keyboard sound buttons
it really messes up the sound, and if you press the mute button you
cannot get the sound back and have to use the terminal to reinstall. I
agree with George that you would be better off install a more up-to-date
distro. To be safe I suggest you back up your important files
externally, maybe use dropbox for example. You may also find that Linux
Mint is more friendly than Ubuntu, or even try Manjaro which is Arch
based but not difficult to learn, there are lots of tutorials on
youtube, especially if you watch the ones by Spatry. I say this as
Manjaro is a rolling distro so you never have to re-install it as it
will always keep you up-to-date.

Good luck but your problems can be solved.

Ann