[HLUG] Upgrade joys not woes

Julian Robbins joolsr1 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 2 20:21:28 UTC 2017

Hi

I upgraded my Linux Mint a few minutes ago from 18.2 to 18.3. It took only
5 minutes literally and went without a hitch. I post if only because these
upgrades are sooo much better than they used to be where if you didn't use
a Debian distro it was always a bit of chance what would happen. Sometimes
they would break entirely and if they worked it might still more than an
hour or more to do the full upgrade. Nowadays we hardly thing about major
upgrades.

Using an SSD makes a big difference with the speed but reliability is far
better too. I had more problems upgrading a load of Win 7 pc's to win 10 to
be honest - took me days to get them all done fully .. and a couple of
reinstalls.

Don't forget to let me know if when you want to come along to our Christmas
meal ..