[HLUG] Limit to number of computers connected to BT broadband?

Julian Robbins joolsr1 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 22 09:19:00 UTC 2017

Hi everyone

It may be that your hitting a limit for the max number of devices connected
to a single fibre line for your isp wrt to the the number of devices
getting DNS.

You probably use upstream DNS from your isp.

If they are setting a limit of number of devices on your account you could
set one or more routers to use a different DNS like Google DNS on 8.8.8.8
or 8.8.4.4 or open DNS perhaps

That should fix your problem

Julian