[HLUG] About [Code Club] in Hereford

Fiona Mac fiona.mac.uk at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 29 17:05:16 UTC 2018

Hello All,

Our first [Code Club] is now up and running after-school at Saxon
Hall, fortnightly on Fridays. Supported by NAS Herefordshire, The
Co-op and Hereford Coders.

We are very new to this, learning as we go along!  Exploring Scratch,
Python and HTML/CSS with a keen group of 8-13 year olds. Using
sandboxed  [Code Club] UK projects, Code Academy and Python Math
Challenges.

Our next session (after Easter) is on Friday 22nd April, 4pm-5.30pm.

in late May, we're hoping to host a Regional [Code Club] Meetup,
alongside local [Code Club] volunteers and adult learners. Plus
inviting local community groups and Herefordshire schools.

Towards offering more [Code Club] sessions in other community venues
around Hereford City, plus a Summer Holiday Code Camp on the topic of
Robots.

Let me know if you're interested in coming along for a visit (free pizza)!

Code Well,

Fiona Mac