[HLUG] May Meet up TOMORROW night @ the Courtyard in Hereford

Julian Robbins joolsr1 at gmail.com
Tue May 22 20:48:55 UTC 2018

Hi everyone

Quick reminder that its the meeting tomorrow at the Courtyard 7.30pm on the
Mezzanine Floor. There is parking at the Courtyard itself and its free
after 8pm at the Old Market shopping centre just a bit down the road too.

We've had an excellent response from the LUG Survey, with 26 responses.
Funnily enough the free hosted version I went with had a max of 25
to fill it in still it may be too late.

Some very interesting views and the benefit of doing things anonymously
helps as we get a totally honest view on things.

I will go through the findings and comments tomorrow at the meetup - one
good reason to turn up and get involved and find out ;-)

A general takeaway is that there is a call for more 'beginner events', one
response was for :-

*Interested in general computing, replacing Windows or Mac with Linux full
time.*

Which I think would make an excellent topic and is relatively easy to put
together

There is also the need to move the days around a bit as some people can
never get to events on Wednesdays which is something easy that can be tried.

But in essence, it is true that the more people who get involved will make
it easier to put on more Workshop style events,  which will attract more
folk to come along ... so please do your bit and drop by tomorrow.

I'll see everyone tomorrow and we can discuss the findings and what we can
do as a group about them in more detail.

thanks