[HLUG] Gnome and KDE to work together

Julian Robbins joolsr1 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 7 20:25:05 UTC 2019

Hi all

Whatever your thoughts on whether Linux could ever battle for supremacy on
the Desktop (is there still a Desktop battle to be won?)' it's great news
to see the two Linux heavyweights planning to work together to '*create a
compatible ecosystem*'. I have loved using Gnome and KDE over the years and
both desktops are ones the community can be greatly proud of.

http://www.linux-magazine.com/Online/News/Gnome-and-KDE-Coming-Together

Only shame is that I can't use them in my new job as I need to use Windows
on my laptop :-(
But still lots of Linux server and Google Cloud Services stuff to get my
teeth into at MandM Direct in Leominster  ;-) The tech there is incredible
with about 70-100 IT staff in the company alone. Certainly a lot going on
at the company and still growing well. Bit of a Herefordshire Success Story
that is sometimes missed ;-)

Our next LUG meeting will be Weds 28th August but alas I won't be there as
I'm on holiday at the time.

I'll send a reminder nearer the time.

I'm also hoping I can now get back to putting more of my energies into
planning some events for the LUG now my work situation has calmed down.