[HLUG] Rasp Pi Mains switching Immersion heater ???

George DiceGeorge dicegeorge at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 27 11:46:05 UTC 2019

I want raspberry pi's to monitor my solar panels input,
and grid electricity input,
and my energy use,
and to turn on immersion heaters and storage heaters when i have access.

Is there a forum of people doing this already?

What hardware would I need?

I've seen something on amazon for £15 but it looks a bit flimsy:
if it melted and caught fire twould not be good

https://www.element14.com/community/community/raspberry-pi/blog/2014/07/13/mains-power-control

Energenie have Two way Pi-mote with Remote control sockets :
https://energenie4u.co.uk/catalogue/product/ENER002-2PI-RT
but maybe immersion heaters should be hard wired and take a bit more
power than these...

george

PS hope to see you all at Courtyard tonight, wednesday

---