[HLUG] Bad News! Windows 10 Will Soon Have a Real Linux Kernel - It's FOSS

Julian Robbins joolsr1 at gmail.com
Wed May 8 09:23:38 UTC 2019

Hi everyone

I know this sounds like an April fool but Microsoft will start shipping a
real linux kernel within Windows . Who'd have thought it?

Https://itsfoss.com/windows-linux-kernel-wsl-2/

I guess this may not be a good thing for us Linux purists as it means that
it will be easier than ever to run command line Linux on Windows, quicker
than before. You can also apparently run Docker containers from the new
Linux kernel too with security updates being applied automatically.

Can't say I've ever really use the Linux on Windows feature as yet.

Thoughts ?