[HLUG] 32bit OS xubuntu1604?

Ceri Williams email-me at incoming-email.co.uk
Fri Sep 20 10:31:26 UTC 2019

Lubuntu has 32-bit 18.04 LTS version:
http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/lubuntu/releases/18.04/release/lubuntu-18.04-alternate-i386.iso
- LXDE is lightweight and fast

For an Arch-based distro, you could try Manjaro (for ease of use):
https://manjaro.org/download/32bit-xfce/
They've formed a company now so that there can be full-time development -
Arch Linux doesn't require an upgrade process, as it uses a rolling release

Certainly on Arch- and Ubuntu-based distros you could use i3wm, which
whilst it is a different kind of window manager it is easy to use,
customise and even forget about using a mouse if you like :)
https://i3wm.org/ - you can make the windows float vs tiled if you like too

=> pgrep -x i3 | xargs ps -orss,vsz
  RSS    VSZ
12048 124560