[HLUG] April Virtual HLUG Meet-up this Weds

Julian Robbins joolsr1 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 23:00:14 UTC 2020

Hi all

Hope you're keeping safe and well.
We will be having a virtual meetup on Weds from 7.30pm here:-

https://meet.jit.si/hlug

After last month's meeting which went pretty well, we will be armed with
our 5GHz wifi connections, and working webcams at the ready. Jitsi which we
will be using is all fully open source, works really well and nice and is
very easy to use. If you have a laptop with a mic and webcam all the better
but there is also another means to call in too if required.

I wish the press would get the public to realise there are many and varied
better solutions than Zoom which

   1. Has a pretty ropey security record
   2. Really should not be used by govt ... Better they use something like
   Jitsi that they roll out for use themselves ..

Hope we can have a really good turnout Weds night

Thanks