[HLUG] Technical Support Analyst / Senior Technical Support Analyst Vacancy in Leominster

Julian Robbins joolsr1 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 08:59:58 UTC 2020

Hi all

Slightly offtopic but possibly of interest anyway to some in our group. M
and M Direct in Leominster  (where I work) currently has a vacancy for a
Technical Support Analyst or Senior Technical Support Analyst.

There is only a smattering of open source involved, although lots and lots
of interesting tech and use of Cloud Technologies as the Google Cloud
Platform. It's a good company to work for, and doing quite well as a purely
online retailer in the current climate. There is a LOT of tech around,
about 2-300 servers or more so plenty to get your teeth into !

This is a definite post that they want to fill, and there aren't too many
of these type of positions available locally so I thought it might be of
interest to folk in our group.

If you want to apply, email your CV to Recruitment at mandmdirect.com. As this
position is in the same team as I work in, I can give you a bit of insight
into the company and work you might be doing if you contact me directly. If
you do apply please let me know.

https://www.mandmdirect.com/02/stp/vacancies

NB The ad is below. I'm not sure if the hours per week is wrong on the ad
as I only work 37.5 hr per week and think the Techs work the same hrs so it
may be a cut and paste mistake from HR in this case.

Technical Support Analyst / Senior Technical Support Analyst

*The Role:*

MandM Direct has a unique and exciting opportunity for a Technical Support
Analyst / Senior Technical Support Analyst, to join the Production Support
Team. Appointment to senior role will be based on demonstrable experience,
in addition to the core role requirement.

Reporting to the IT Operations Manager, you will work within a
multi-disciplined Production Support Team, primarily responsible for the
support, maintenance and development of internal and external
infrastructure, in line with our technology roadmap. You will work with the
latest infrastructure technologies both on premise and within the cloud. As
new technologies are considered, you would assess their suitability for our
business needs.

*What’s in it for you…*

   - Competitive salary, bonus scheme and pension
   - A great company culture
   - Flexi-time
   - Your birthday off
   - Subsidised canteen
   - Generous staff discount
   - Healthcare cash plan
   - And tons more…

*About you:Interested? To be considered you will need to be:*

   - In-depth knowledge of deploying and supporting Windows Server 2003
   through to current.
   - Experience working with virtualisation technologies.
   - Proficient in TCP/IP networking, DNS, DHCP and Firewall management.
   - Accomplished in MS Active Directory and Group Policy.
   - Experienced in project and task delivery in a technical environment
   from design through to live deployment.
   - Proficient in writing technical documentation (e.g. standards,
   processes and design etc.).

*To strengthen your application, it would be desirable if you have
experience in the following:*

   - Software Defined Data Centre (i.e. systems, networks and storage
   solutions, configured and hosted within a Cloud environment).
   - Current versions of VMware infrastructure.
   - Administering switches and firewall devices.
   - Wide Area Network, Local Area Network and Wireless Network management.
   - Enterprise storage device management.
   - Creating, updating and tuning PowerShell scripts.
   - Linux, UNIX and open source products.
   - Virtual Desktop environments.
   - Creating and peer reviewing design and build documentation.
   - Hardening techniques and processes, to improve the protection of
   systems and data.
   - Enterprise backup and antivirus solutions.

*Hours of work:*

Based on a 40 hour week, hours per day can be discussed at interview stage.

If you are interested, please apply in writing with your CV to
*Recruitment at mandmdirect.com
<Recruitment at mandmdirect.com?Subject=Technical%20Support%20Analyst%20/%20Senior%20Technical%20Support%20Analyst>.*