[HLUG] Home working and virtual HLUG meetings

Marilyn or/& Tony McQueen oak.organics at btinternet.com
Wed Mar 18 15:19:32 UTC 2020

 Hi Everyone
I am an occasional HLUG participant who is trying my luck.
 I have loaded ubuntu 18.04 LTS but it has come very large on screen and wonder if any kind soul etc
Bests Tony McQueen

    On Tuesday, 17 March 2020, 18:36:03 GMT, sean via Herefordshire <herefordshire at mailman.lug.org.uk> wrote:

On 17/03/2020 16:26, Julian Robbins via Herefordshire wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I'm now on the realms of being a home worker and think it might be good if
> we can share tips on best way to do this.
>
> Ceri and others in the grout always usually work from home  so perhaps they
> might have some tips for the rest of us new to this.
>
> Also in the lugmaster list there is a discussion on virtual lug meetings as
> it's not practical to meet up in person anymore (the Courtyard is now
> closed, etc)
>
> Perhaps we can try to do this fir this month's meeting.
>
> Julian

after 30 years of working for half my time away from my desk/office, my
most recent set of tools:

gitlab, etherpad(lite), discourse

and an 0870 number to allow time-wasters to waste their money.

sean