[HLUG] Excellent weekly newsletter cron.weekly issue #152: HTTP/3, eBPF, MySQL & more

pl info at lifespacedesign.co.uk
Mon Oct 12 10:22:23 UTC 2020

For a newbie with no previous I would deffo recommend Mint over Ubuntu.
The basic install comes with that crucial little collection of non FLOSS
drivers and codecs that allow continued enjoyment of your existing media
collection. Yes you do have to tick a box to agree to load it, but
that's hardly a burden.

As GM says; dual boot is a good place to start. I would also suggest you
get or build a separate device for playing around with different Linux
flavours and install/ set up/ partition options. That way you can learn
the basics with no risk to anything important.
You may want to take a look at Root User Tutorial and Exposition (RUTE).
Hours of fun :D

MtG
Pete H@