[HLUG] April LUG meeting

Julian Robbins joolsr1 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 27 21:33:50 UTC 2021

Hi George

Yes I'll be coming along too, hopefully joined by a good number of others
too. I was hoping to see how the weather forecast would pan out with the
hope another evening might be sunnier like last week, but that doesn't seem
to be the case for a while, so yes let's stick to the meet up tomorrow.

There's plenty of space at the Angel Inn in Kingsland. You can reach
Kingsland from the A4110 from Hereford, or easily from Leominster from
Barons Cross. Try here for directions,
https://theangelkingsland.co.uk/contact-us#83e17b98-9112-4091-9e74-856243120194

In order to get the best of the light, might be better to try and get there
earlier, so we'll say 7pm ?

There's seating both in front of and behind the pub, but I suggest that we
choose the tables in the beer garden at the rear of the pub. It's table
service of course, and the loos are accessible from the rear doors of the
pub too, which is handy.

As my new job involves lots more Linux and Open Source (only 4 weeks to
go!) I'm hoping to perhaps get some free passes for our LUG for their newly
released 'Spool' https://spoolme.com an 'all-in-one interactive work, meet
and learn platform, where you can create powerful cloud computers
instantly, with customisable functionality to work together online'.

I've just found some info regarding reopening of the cafe bar at the
Courtyard here https://courtyard.org.uk/cafe-bar/ . This reopens from
Thursday May 20th, so hopefully we can get booked in for next month's Linux
meeting on the 26th May. It looks like things have changed quite a bit with
the new Chase restaurant opening (including rooftop terrace !) and existing
cafe bar at the Courtyard, so hopefully we can still be accommodated at the
Cafe bar, without the need for a meal or whatever. I will contact them to
find out more.

Look forward to seeing you all tomorrow.

Julian