[HLUG] Does anyone ever check anything these days ?

Julian Robbins joolsr1 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 14:52:52 UTC 2021

Hi all

Hope you're doing your best to stay cool this week.

I have one or two things to post about but will do on other emails.

But what caught my eye was this :- I just received a text to say that my
ISP Gigaclear had noticed a fault in my area. I was still accessing stuff
ok, so I checked their network status page .

It says the following:- (note this is exactly as on their website )

*Network issues in the Herefordshire area
<https://gigaclearltd.statuspage.io/incidents/gctvs10jbfcw> *
* We have identified an issue affecting some customers' services in the
Heretfordshire. Gigaclear engineers are working on a permanent solution to
the problem, and will update this page when further information is
available to us. *

So we are *'the Heretfordshire' *- god blimey ..  ... now being mistaken
for Hertfordshire I can understand, but 'the Heretfordshire' !!!!