[HLUG] Off topic : car diagnostic tools?

sean s_tohill at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 9 13:52:19 UTC 2021

hi,

one of my friends, who is a mechanic, has a cheap one that he uses
sometimes, but he has been complaining that it doesn't identify enough
exact faults. it sometimes provides an error code that indicates general
faults rather than the specific one. for example he has being trying to
diagnose a fault on a 2005 astra that won't run correctly he gets a
general code, which indicates a broken sensor, but not which one. the
owner, a farmer, doesn't want to buy a new sensor in case it isn't the
right one.

i normally bring him to hereford for hlug meetings, where he goes to the
barrels to meet some friends. if you can get there before the next
meeting i'll get him to bring his fault machine.

regards

sean