[Herts] Webmin / SSL / FTP(?) and Reverse DNS

Nicolas Pike herts at lug.org.uk
Sat Nov 15 17:14:01 GMT 2003

Hi,

Webmin is a neat web based Linux admin tool. I follow, and have already
added the host entry to the SERVER hosts file and I still get long delays,
although interestingly POP3 and SMTP from this local server seem much faster
now...
Webmin with SSL still takes ages to login and crawls along. Interestingly
finding the hostname that WK2000 /XP was using, I came a across a NT command
I had not heard of    hostname this was the hostname I added to the local
servers host file.
For the remote server I added the NTL cable host name (Yep I know!)  that
did not work any better either...Hmm

Thanks again for running through it!

Regards
Nicolas