[Herts] internal ip and websever... joy!

Neil Youngman n.youngman at ntlworld.com
Sat Jun 19 12:15:57 BST 2004

On Friday 18 Jun 2004 8:29 pm, James Pink wrote:
> hi all,
>
> recently i decided to use an old pc which i had lying about as a
> websever, set eveerything up, it's running gentoo and working very well
> indeed. there is one problem though, this machine sits inside the
> network and is not the machine which is used to route the internet.
> what i need to know is how i tell the computer which connects to the
> internet to redirect html request to the websever which has an internal
> ip. the machine which connects to the net is running xp(not mine it's
> my mums)

Not clear what you are trying to achieve here. Are you trying to get the XP
box to relay HTML requests from the Linux box?

The question as asked sounds like you're trying to get the machine that is
connected to the internet to relay requests to a machine that isn't. Try as I
might I can't make sense of that.

Neil Youngman