[Herts] Of Debian and DNS!! And Wireless

Nicolas Pike nicolas at jetblackjelly.com
Sat Mar 20 20:49:54 GMT 2004

Hi All,

My blade is now running well (X), and even the most basic efforts with Relay
Block Lists etc from within Postfix have reduced the previous 25+ spam per
day to a trickle, so far so good.
Now what I want to tackle next is DNS, as it would be very handy if I had my
own DNS server. I have looked at www.DJBDNS.org <http://www.djbdns.org/>
and of course Bind. Now while I am happy to read enough, to get to grips
with these programs; I really just wanted to provide authorative entries for
a couple of dozen domain names. Well as The DNS & BIND book is now
discounted at amazon I have placed my order!! Any other advice?

On another note I now have my wireless setup up and running, I tested it
across the road to my laptop in my neibours front room, so soon they will be
sharing my broadband connection. I wonder if we can have a go at getting a
connection to the pub?

Regards
Nicolas

---