[Herts] Of Debian and DNS!! And Wireless

robin.c.smith at bt.com robin.c.smith at bt.com
Mon Mar 22 09:34:47 GMT 2004

Bind is quite easy to setup.

Assuming you are running debian.....

apt-get update
apt-get install bind9

will get you started, you then just need to edit the configuration files. Bind comes with a couple of useful utilities to check  zone files and configuration files.
named-checkconf and named-checkzone . These will point out any syntax errors:-

usage: named-checkconf [-v] [-t directory] [named.conf]
usage: named-checkzone [-dqv] [-c class] zonename filename

Regards

Robin