[Herts] MythTV and other Linux Magazine articles

Malcolm Smith malc at thesmith.org.uk
Sun Nov 19 14:09:18 GMT 2006

On Wed, Nov 08, 2006 at 02:11:01PM +0000, Steve Clark wrote:
> [...]
> I've had some thought on subjects I would like to hear more about:
>
> 3. Media centres. One of these days I'd like to build some sort of media
> server PC for my home for audio playing and TV recording. Is anyone
> using anything like MythTV?

I don't use TV, but Linux Magazine had an article about it:

http://www.linux-magazine.com/issue/71
http://www.linux-magazine.com/issue/71/Media_Center_With_MythTV.pdf

Lots more articles I've not read yet:

http://www.linux-magazine.com/issue/67/JACK_Audio_Server.pdf
http://www.linux-magazine.com/issue/67/Command_Line_Rsync.pdf
http://www.linux-magazine.com/issue/67/Linkchecker_3.3.pdf
http://www.linux-magazine.com/issue/65/hdparm_and_DMA.pdf
http://www.linux-magazine.com/issue/65/Linux_Tuning_Intro.pdf

With newer issues, not all articles are available yet, but older ones
seem to be completely online.

And if anyone would like to inherit my collection of Linux Format and
Linux Magazines that I'm giving away before I move house, along with
some other computer stuff, get in touch:

http://www.thesmith.org.uk/about/iam/selling.html

If requested, I may be able to bring them to December's meeting,
where I shall be giving a short 'demonstration' featuring
"The Complete Solution for Internet and Intranet Information Servers".

Cheers
--
Malc
http://www.thesmith.org.uk/