[Herts] Web feeds

Steve Clark steve at bagofspoons.net
Wed Jul 9 18:19:22 BST 2008

I've not found time to mock up a new site for the LUG, but I just had a play
with the 'Rooms' feature on Friendfeed

http://friendfeed.com/rooms/herts-lug

This currently has feeds from a few member blogs. It could be made more
specific by taking specific feeds from those blogs, e.g. the Computer
category on mine. The Mugshot group that is linked from the LUG page never
took off and is perhaps less focused.

If anyone wants to play with the above then let me know and I can make you an
admin if necessary.

I've been playing with various blogging and aggregation sites as described on
my blog

http://www.bagofspoons.net/blog/Internet/index.html

One of those is Groups Near You, to which I have added the LUG

http://www.groupsnearyou.com/groups/herts_lug

I won't be at the LUG tonight due to another commitment, but I'm in the IRC
channel most evenings if you want to chat.

Later