[Herts] blender uv mapping tutorial

David Honour thegoatee at tiscali.co.uk
Sat Jul 12 07:27:09 BST 2008

I had the same wonkiness on the cylinder, but, since I couldn't work
out why it was like that I gave up on trying to fix it fairly promptly.

As for the talk, sure, sounds good.

It might be an idea to get a projector, or something that enables
people to see, since otherwise it's gonna be tiny.

O.K. things I would try to cover:
Materials:
-reflection
-transparency
-subsurface scattering (v. briefly, since it's pretty odd)
-(and if i can get my head around it in time) Radiosity
Texturing:
-Simple:
--Texture autogenerator + colourband
--Other mapping options (normal, bump etc.)
--Image textures (inc Video textures if anyone is interested)
-UV:
--Unwrapping
--Texture paint mode
--External editing (gimp)