[Herts] Recommendations for a good linux Web page tool?

Tony Friis tony-lug at friis.co.uk
Thu Jul 17 23:53:30 BST 2008

ROBERTS, Mike wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> Any of you have any recommendations for a web page editing / web site
> management tool? I dont mean a server side content management system,
> more something like Dreamweaver for linux.
>
> Any and all suggestions appreciated ;)
>
> Cheers Mike 8-{>

Depends what you're really after.

I use rest2web to create simple but good looking and functional static
websites - but it's definitely not Dreamweaver. Also I like the ability
to use ReST as a straightforward markup system for the text content.

http://www.voidspace.org.uk/python/rest2web/index.html
http://docutils.sourceforge.net/docs/user/rst/quickref.html

It might be what you want, it might be irrelevant!

Tony