[Herts] Smoothwall Progress / Test

James Ronan james at ronanweb.co.uk
Wed May 21 23:42:41 BST 2008

Hi Mike et all,

I have made progress, this very evening in fact.
Seemingly there was a slight error between the web interface config tool and the
config files as something wasn't right within the actual config files although
it looked ok in the web interface. Don't quite know what exactly went wrong, but
it does now bring up the RED interface on boot and it acquires an IP address
from my DHCP server (which it wasn't doing when I got it home),

I've yet to plug a box into the GREEN side of the wall but that testing
is something I plan to deal with tomorrow :-)

I'll keep you all posted on how I get on.

Cheers,
Jim/James   (whichever, I answer to both.... Well, most things really! :-) )

PS.  Mike, don't worry, I'm useless with names too! :-D