[Herts] Newbie help with Aspire One

ROBERTS, Mike mike.roberts at astrium.eads.net
Mon Oct 13 14:26:45 UTC 2008

Hi Gerry,

I am not 100% sure but I suspect that you might have to do more than
just copy the files / write an image to a memory stick to make it
bootable in linux.  Or at least to get Linux to boot from a memory
stick. Might be worth googling on how to make bootable linux memory
sticks?

Other things to look at, and apologies if you have already... did you
check in the bios that the system is set to allow booting from usb? If
the system will allow boot from usb, and you have (or can beg borrow or
otherwise get hold of) an usb external cd drive, then I would suggest
burn the linpus image to a bootable cd and whack the usb cd drive on.

HTH

Mike 8-{>

privileged information or information otherwise protected from disclosure.
If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender
immediately, do not copy this message or any attachments and do not use it
for any purpose or disclose its content to any person, but delete this
message and any attachments from your system. Astrium disclaims any and all
liability if this email transmission was virus corrupted, altered or
falsified.