[Hudlug] Is this thing working?

Tim hudlug at mailman.lug.org.uk
Thu Aug 21 09:34:01 2003

Ross Brown elaborated:

> It's significant because I want to make sure that I don't come along and
> sit down with a load of people who then spend three hours talking about
> things I haven't a clue about (no offence meant to anybody, I could
> quite happily talk to experts in many fields for hours but a newbie
> wouldn't get much out of the conversation). It would be akin to my
> sitting in on a class on particle physics when all I've got is a GCSE in
> the subject: it'll go straight over my head and I'll come out none the
> wiser.

I think you'll be safe.   As Mick said, it is more about beer than
linux.  ALthough, there are people who come and don't drink, which is
fine.

And on the offchance that we do talk about something techy, I'm sure
that we can explain enough so that you understand.

[I was just thinking about TNT and witches in East Yorkshire.  I never
did find her website.]

Tim