[Hudlug] Is this thing working?

hudlug@mailman.lug.org.uk hudlug at mailman.lug.org.uk
Thu Aug 21 11:27:03 2003

On Thu, Aug 21, 2003 at 09:33:49AM +0100, Tim wrote:

<snip>

> I think you'll be safe.   As Mick said, it is more about beer than
> linux.  ALthough, there are people who come and don't drink, which is
> fine.

Ah, that would be me then ;-)  It's still fun even without the beer!  It's
understandable that someone new to the group would be a bit apprehensive.  I
guess the only thing to do is turn up and try it.  If it's not what you want
then just don't turn up again.

> And on the offchance that we do talk about something techy, I'm sure
> that we can explain enough so that you understand.

Yeah, Tim's right there, there's nothing wrong with asking for something to
be explained.  After all we each have our own particular interests, and
anything outside of those may need some explanation.  We can't each pretend
to know everything.

However I don't view the lug as some sort of educational establishment.
It's just a gathering of people who share an interest in linux.  It's
somewhere we can talk about our latest 'projects' without boring anyone.
It's somewhere we can share our experiences.  It's somewhere we can ask for
help when we need it.

And FYI I don't have a beard ;-)  Sorry for not fitting the stereotype.

Bye for now,
Sarah.

--
http://www.myplace.uklinux.net/