[Hudlug] Plain Text emails

Ross Brown hudlug at mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri Aug 22 13:52:54 2003

> Before consigning your 'aging mum' to the scrap-heap <g> try giving
> her a printout of one of the sites that explains why html in email is
> not a good idea, and leave her to read it when she is quiet.  I'll be
> amazed if she doesn't come back and ask what her options are.

I've tried... God knows I've tried. It's not easy to evangelise when
some people use the terms Outlook/email interchangeably, and think that
IE6 is *the Internet*.

Whilst I believe that Bill Gates should be tried for his crimes against
software development I also appreciate that software is a medium through
which people interact with "things", and if they want to use the same
stuff at home as at work, or the same as everybody else, then we've got
to let them.

RB