[Hudlug] old hardware disposal

Tim Bray hudlug at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon Feb 3 23:52:01 2003

Chris Lindley wrote:
> Now there's a few cases, few monitors, cdrom drives, floppy drives, old
> hard drives (a few scsi), scsi tape drives, mobo,s cpu's, loads of
> cables etc...You get the gist!!  Probably enough to build a few low end
> systems.

I'm interested in scsi hard drives, scsi tape drives and a scsi CD rom
(even if a really slow one).

I think somebody mentioned external scsi boxes in a different message?

I'm also looking for:

72 pin simms.  Old non edo ones.    Even if they are only 1 or 2 meg.
PCI or ISA parallel port card.

Also, while we are on about hardware.  If anybody has laser printers
that are getting past it.  Did you know that express terminals in Ripon
stock HP parts and also do exchange printers and fuser units.

http://www.expressterminals.com/

The upside of this is that older printers generally work better with
linux.

Also business class printers are usually cheaper to run than home type
printers.  So a donated dead printer (or better, one that paper jams
lots) and 50quid on parts, gets you a much better deal than a new 100
pound printer.

Tim