[Hudlug] old hardware disposal

Chris Lindley hudlug at mailman.lug.org.uk
Tue Feb 4 09:21:01 2003

On Mon, 2003-02-03 at 23:51, Tim Bray wrote:
Hi,

> Chris Lindley wrote:
> > Now there's a few cases, few monitors, cdrom drives, floppy drives, old
> > hard drives (a few scsi), scsi tape drives, mobo,s cpu's, loads of
> > cables etc...You get the gist!!  Probably enough to build a few low end
> > systems.
>
> I'm interested in scsi hard drives, scsi tape drives and a scsi CD rom
> (even if a really slow one).

I'm afraid Shak has already got his mitts on the tape drive and the hard
drive, but there's quite a few cdroms.

> I think somebody mentioned external scsi boxes in a different message?

That was me also!

> I'm also looking for:
>
> 72 pin simms.  Old non edo ones.    Even if they are only 1 or 2 meg.
> PCI or ISA parallel port card.

I've at least 4 non-EDO 2 meg simms.  I;ve also got a bag of mixed
SIMMS.  I searched through these until I found 4 x 2 meg simms for my
PS/2 2-16 meg expansion card (hmmm, that reminds me, loads of PS/2
hardware to dispose of as well!!!!)  So there may be more in there. I'm
afraid I don't know how to identify them!

Are you off to the meeting tonight?  If so I can bring all the stuff
then.  I may be coming in a car.  If so I will bring it all anyway.  If
not, I'll bring the light stuff. But I'm off climbing before, so may not
be able to bring it all!

Cheers
Chris

> Also, while we are on about hardware.  If anybody has laser printers
> that are getting past it.  Did you know that express terminals in Ripon
> stock HP parts and also do exchange printers and fuser units.

I was once promised a HP laser, which I was looking forward to getting.
Person never fufilled their promise though, and just went and skipped
it!

Cheers
Chris