[Hudlug] old hardware disposal

Chris Lindley hudlug at mailman.lug.org.uk
Tue Feb 4 11:12:01 2003

On Tue, 2003-02-04 at 10:58, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Monday 03 Feb 2003 11:51 pm, Tim Bray wrote:
> > Chris Lindley wrote:
> > I'm also looking for:
> >
> > 72 pin simms.  Old non edo ones.    Even if they are only 1 or 2 meg.
> > PCI or ISA parallel port card.
> >
> I have a variety of ancient 72pin SIMMS - some of them would probably fit your
> need.  I'll bring them tonight all being well.
>
> Is anyone interested in an external Iomega Ditto backup drive - the snag being
> that it used I's own 2Gb tape, of which I only have one.  I don't know
> whether compatible tapes exist.

I used to use one of the 400/800 meg Iomega Ditto drives.  Although
Iomega didn't say so, it was compatible with standard tapes. DC120 I
think! I would assume that the one you've got is the same!!  The normal
tapes are also a lot cheaper!!!! :-)

--
  Chris Lindley
  chris.lindley@scotgate.org          chrishl@bmb.leeds.ac.uk