[Hudlug] old hardware disposal

Tim hudlug at mailman.lug.org.uk
Tue Feb 4 12:31:00 2003

Shak wrote:
 > Hi,
 >
 > In this spirit of generosity, Ill offer round the useless tat I seem
 > to have :/ I have an ethernet (10/100)card going if anyone wants, I
 > swapped it with a mate when he kept getting kernel panics, if anyone
 > wants to have a go with getting it to work (I was thinking of trying
 > on my NetBSD box) then theyre free to have it. I also have some
 > CoolerMaster heat sensitive fans, and a thermalwin temperature probe
 > thing is anyone wants it :/. Not so useful but, hey its there for
 > anyone who wants them :)

The heat sensitive fans I am very interested in.  I have some quiet
machines to build.

The network card is interested, but considering I can buy new ones for
less than 15 pounds and don't want to ruin my uptime by changing it when
it dies.

And if we are on about BSD, can somebody explain the point of the
different flavours.  There is OpenBSD (which is I know is meant to be
mentally secure.  But what about NetBSD and open BSD?

And why is Tux in a box with the BSD Daemon on the hudlug webpage?  You
could get into trouble for that. :)

Tim