[Hudlug] Hilarious!

Chris Lindley hudlug at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sat Feb 8 12:08:01 2003

I received this earlier!!  It needs no comment, other than that it
reaffirms my strong belief that the vast majority of people should
really not be let out without a leash!

...and would you believe the person who forwarded it to me has a PhD!
:-)

 To all of my friends, I do not usually forward messages, but this is
from my good friend Pearlas Sanborn and she really is an attorney.
 If she says that this will work - it WILL work. After all, what have
you got to lose?

SORRY EVERYBODY..JUST HAD TO TAKE THE CHANCE!!!
 I'm an attorney, and I know the law. This thing is for real.
 Rest assured AOL and Intel will follow through with their promises for
fear of facing a multimillion-dollar class action suit similar to the
one filed by PepsiCo against General Electric not too long ago.

 Dear Friends,
 Please do not take this for a junk letter. Bill Gates is sharing his
 fortune. If you ignore this you will repent later. Microsoft and AOL
are  now the largest Internet companies and in an effort to make sure
that Internet Explorer remains the most widely used program, Microsoft
and AOL are running an e-mail beta test.  When you forward this e-mail
to friends, Microsoft can and will track it (if you are a Microsoft
Windows user) for a two week time period.  For every person that you
forward this e-mail to, Microsoft will pay you  $245.00, for every
person that you sent it to that forwards it on, Microsoft will pay you
$243.00 and for every third person that receives it, you will be paid
$241.00. Within two weeks, Microsoft will contact you for  your address
and then send you a cheque.

 Regards.
 Charles S. Bailey
 General Manager Field Operations
 1-800-842-2332 Ext. 1085 or 904-245-1085 or RNX 292-1085
 Charles_Bailey@csx.com

 I thought this was a scam myself, but two weeks after receiving this
 e-mail  and forwarding it on, Microsoft contacted me for my address and
within  days, I received a cheque for US$24,800.00. You need to respond
before the  beta testing is over. If anyone can afford this Bill Gates
is the man. It's all marketing expense to him. Please forward this to as
many people as
 possible. You are bound to get at least US$10,000.00.
 We're not going to help them out with their e-mail beta test without
 getting a little something for our time. My brother's girlfriend got in
on  this a few months ago. When I went to visit him for the Baylor/UT
game.  She showed me her check. It was for the sum of $4,324.44 and was
stamped  "Paid In Full".  Like I said before, I know the law, and this
is for real  Intel and AOL are now discussing a merger which would make
them the  largest  Internet company and in an effort make sure that AOL
remains the most  widely used program, Intel and AOL are running an
e-mail beta test.

 When you forward this e-mail to friends, Intel can and will track it
(if you are a Microsoft Windows user) for a two week time period.
  For every person that you forward this e-mail to, Microsoft will pay
you $203.15.  For every person that you sent it to that forwards it on,
Microsoft will pay you $156.29  And for every third person that receives
it, you will be paid $17.65.  Within two weeks, Intel will contact you
for your address and then send you a check.  I thought this was a scam
myself, but a friend of my good friend's Aunt  Patricia, who works at
Intel, actually got a check of $4,54323 by  forwarding this e-mail.
 Try it; what have you got to lose????

Hmmm, apart from dignity and respect, nothing I assume!!!

--
  Chris Lindley
  chris.lindley@scotgate.org          chrishl@bmb.leeds.ac.uk