[Hudlug] Database

Anne Wilson hudlug at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon Feb 10 13:06:00 2003

On Friday 07 Feb 2003 12:16 pm, Shak wrote:
> Hi Brian,
>
> Ive been doing GCSE IT coursework for around about the last month or so=
,
> and due to my strict anti-MS stance I had to have a look around for the
> different database solutions that I could use, I settled on MySQL with
> mySQLCC (www.mysql.com) as a frontend, it rules :)There's also Adabas f=
rom
> Sun :D

I've been away a couple of days, so I'm late to this thread.  I asked a=20
similar question a week or two back on the mailing list I use.  This answ=
er=20
may be of interest:

PostgreSQL is excellent and fast. A graphical X window client "pgaccess"=20
is available, stable and full-featured. This client works nicely for=20
both local and remote connections. It definitely beats using web browser=20
for database access.

I googled for pgacess, and it looks a nice clear gui.  I intend giving it=
 a go=20
sometime soon, but to replace my Approach databases.

Anne
--=20
Registered Linux User No.293302