[Hudlug] LPI certification

Chris Lindley hudlug at mailman.lug.org.uk
Thu Feb 13 09:17:00 2003

Hi,

I'm about to take the LPI level one exams's.  I've been brushing up
using the O'reilly book, "LPI in a nutshell".  However I've since found
that this books, whereas quite a good book, is not quite up to date with
the new exams (introduced late last year), and does have quite a few
errors in it.

e.g. Q What command do you use to switch to runlevel 5?
     A init 1

Obviously wrong, but if something so obvious is wrong it makes you think
that there are a lot more subtle errors.

Anyway, I've found that IBM's Developerworks do a set of tutorials on
both 101 and 102 exams (both required for Level 1 certification).

http://www-105.ibm.com/developerworks/education.nsf/linux-onlinecourse-bytitle/4AAA4E689F774DBC86256B4500645075?OpenDocument

Or the DevelopersWorks homepage

http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/

They require free registrion.

The tutorials are available online, html, or pdf!

Cheers
Chris

--
  Chris Lindley