[Hudlug] Common project proposal??

Corrado On Hud hudlug at mailman.lug.org.uk
Tue Sep 2 17:25:00 2003

Dear friends,

with the beginning of the new academic year (...:-)...), I would like to
propose an idea for "common project", that is a project we could work on
together.

The idea is to create a very low consumption and very low noise (that is a
very low pollution) box, running Linux, without compromising too much on
performances. For performances, I mainly think of input/output throughput and
transactions, and *NOT* games. If the consuption is low enough we could think
of assembling it as a "kit" with its own portable solar panel/wind mill. From
the point of view of the distribution, I was thinking of using a modified
version of Rock.

It would be of noticeable use in many places, for instance developing
countries or in "electronic house" applications.

What do you think?

Corrado