[Hudlug] Selling some stuff ...

Corrado On Hud hudlug at mailman.lug.org.uk
Tue Sep 2 17:31:01 2003

Hi boys!

after the accident I had, I am selling our pc, because we need to buy a
laptop. Furthermore, I sell the office chair because we are changing it and
we need to use a kneeling chair.

a)1 professional monitor, practically new. LG Electronics Flatron 795FT Plus
17" with embedded USB HUB. It is top of the range for his category (17" flat
CRT). Around 230 £ or nearest offer, which means 20% less.

b)1 computer assembled with
Athlon Thunderbird (Slot A) 1.4 Ghz
256 SRAM 133 Mhz
Motherboard Soltek 75KAV
HD 20 Gb IBM 7200 rpm 2Mb chace UltraATA 4*
FD 1.44 Mb
DVD Pioneer 10x
Graphic card ATI All in Wonder Tv Out 16 Mb (Chipset Rage)
1 Sound card embedded + 1 Sound card Soundblater ES1371
Moden Rockwell PCI V90 HCF

Software: Mandrake 9.1 full server installation + MS Windows 98 Second
edition, legal license. Legally owning MSW license means you can use MS
.dll's for running MS software under Linux and use MS fonts without worrying
about the law ... :-) ... I would say that Wine .dll's work better, and that
there is not need for proprietary MS fonts, so if I were you I would drop the
MS license.

The modem is a winmodem, but the proper kernel driver has been installed and
it is possible to use it easily for connecting to the internet (I am writing
this e-mail through this same modem ... :-)...)

Note: The computer is UNDERCLOCKED to 1,0 Ghz, because it was too powerful. If
you underclock you save energy, increase life span and heat less.

This goes on offer, above 250£ (including or excluding MS 98 SE does not
change the price, because MS products are not worth anything ... :-) ...)

c)The office chair is an ergonomic office chair, tall back, with 5 wheels, 4
degrees of freedom, covered in resistent cotton fabric. Goes for offers
around 30£.

Let me know.

Corrado
--