[Hudlug] New IRC channel

hudlug@mailman.lug.org.uk hudlug at mailman.lug.org.uk
Wed Sep 3 19:48:00 2003

Hi,

Due to repeated mess ups with Undernet and its netsplits the HudLUG IRC
channel has been moved from Undernet to the more opensource-friendly network
of Freenode.

A brief description of Freenode for anyone that cares:

"freenode exists to provide an interactive environment for coordination and
support of peer-directed projects, including those relating to free software
and open source. Our network is currently implemented using Internet Relay
Chat (IRC). Our aim is to help improve the communicative and collaborative
skills of our participants and to maintain a friendly, efficient environment
for project coordination and technical support."

It's hosted by ibiblio (who Gentoo users will surely know of due to them
providing most of the ebuild hosting and rsync servers for Gentoo).

We should see an altogether more friendly IRC experience.

The channel's been a bit quiet recently, I'm hoping it can get back to its
old  activity.

Hope to see you there,

Rob