[Hudlug] HudLUG Record Attendance

Tim Bray muggle at kooky.org
Sat Jun 5 14:10:35 BST 2004

Tim Schofield wrote:
> This is from someone who has never been to one of the meetings, so
> With HUDLUG meetings, I tend to get a notice a day or so before,
> without knowing what will be happening, so I just ignore it, as I
> have a lot else going on.

It's always the first Tuesday of the month.      We did talk a few
months ago about changing the day though.

There is never anything specific happening. Its just in the pub, and
whatever happens happens.  It really depends who turns up - somepeople
get into so really deep discussions about techie things.  Other people
want to chat about simple problems.  Some people hardly talk about linux
at all and just want to be socialable with like minded people.

In the past we have talked about running a course (like programming), or
running an install fest, but its never happenned.

Does anybody know a good date time library?  I'm just trying to work out
a clever way of working out when a week before the first Tuesday in the
month is.    I could setup an automatic mail the week before.

Does anybody want automatic txt message reminders?

Tim