OT Pubs was Re: [Hudlug] HudLUG Record Attendance

Chris Lindley chris.lindley at scotgate.org
Mon Jun 7 12:25:23 BST 2004

> On Thu, 3 Jun 2004, Chris Lindley wrote:
>
>> Shame really, as Cambridge is well bereft of a pub like the HoS! :-)
>
> Can't find a pub where you order food and it appears an hour later, just,
> and is full of stupid fluorescent signs ?
>
> Cambridge is full of good pubs, most of which piss on the Head of Steam.

There are some good pubs in Cambridge, but it's hardly full of them. Plus
they generally close pretty much dead on 11:10. Can you have a pint in
Cambridge after 11pm, without paying to go into a club?  Also not many of
them have a friendly atmosphere, especially in the centre. The closest
I've got is the Fort St George. (which is not exactly in the centre.

I never said that Cambridge has no good pubs, just that it had no pubs
like the HoS. I get the feeling that either you have an emotional
attachement to Cambridge and are offended by my suggestion that the HoS is
better than pubs in Cambridge, or that you have been offended by someone
or something in the HoS! :-)

Cheers
Chris