[Hudlug] Re: [man-lug] Interesting story on the register following last nights meeting

Tim tim at kooky.org
Tue Mar 9 13:19:45 GMT 2004

Tim Fletcher wrote:

> Sorry for the cross posting but I'm not sure how many people from the
> various groups with in Leeds last night

(I wasn't at the meeting, but keep up with what is happening with broadband)

Whilst I can't say much about this.

I am involved in a small wireless broadband scheme.   I believe that
Yorkshire Forward were approached, and I believe that the response was
that they were focussed on satellite broadband.

There is a price on the BT price list for activating an exchange where
there is no ADSL service.

http://www.serviceview.bt.com/list/current/docs/Wholesale_Broadband_Services.boo/21101.htm

It is bound to one ISP, and also 25000 + VAT for up to 30 users.   Which
isn't going to happen, unless somebody stumps up the cash.

Tim