[Hudlug] Admin contact for lug.org.uk

Beezly beezly at beezly.org.uk
Thu Mar 10 15:18:35 GMT 2005

Hi Dave,

On Wed, 2005-03-09 at 18:54 +0000, Dave Naylor wrote:
> I thought it was me to be honest.  Whatever.  Anyway, I haven't been to a
> meet for a few months since I now live in Leeds.

Bah, excuses! :)

> I keep threatening to but you know how it goes.  If someone wants to take over the admin,
> that's fine with me :)

Righto - I've e-mailed lug.org.uk asking them to reassign it.

Current plans are to replace the www.hud.lug.org.uk with a wiki,
possibly MediaWiki, so that anyone (within reason) can edit it rather
than the three people who currently have access (You, Me and Shak).

There is a minor problem in that lug.org.uk is running on RedHat 7.1
with an ancient version of PHP which won't support it. I have another
host I can use instead, and lug.org.uk allow you to point DNS at
anywhere else.

Does anyone think this is an awful idea? If so, please shout, otherwise
I'll go ahead and do it next week!

Cheers,

Andrew