[Hudlug] Powerpointedly

Ben Fowler ben.the.mole at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 16:49:52 GMT 2005

I believe that the article I had in mind concerning Powerpoint was this one
http://209.157.64.200/focus/f-news/1040423/posts , if not it had the same messge
in very nearly the same words dealing with deterrence of a potential aggressor.

    NASA, the board argued, had become too reliant on presenting
complex information
    via PowerPoint, instead of by means of traditional ink-and-paper
technical reports. When
    NASA engineers assessed possible wing damage during the mission,
they presented the
    findings in a confusing PowerPoint slide -- so crammed with nested
bullet points and irregular
    short forms that it was nearly impossible to untangle. ''It is
easy to understand how a senior
    manager might read this PowerPoint slide and not realize that it
addresses a life-threatening
    situation,'' the board sternly noted.

Ben.