[Hudlug] NVenue - again!

Andrew Beresford a.j.beresford at sheffield.ac.uk
Wed Mar 30 09:17:24 BST 2005

On Tue, 2005-03-29 at 17:07 +0100, Paul Brook wrote:
> It's now 6 days away. In the absence of any strong feedback lets make some
> decisions.

Excellent!

> I'll give a short talk on Qemu. I don't expect it to be anything particularly
> heavy, just 10 minutes with a few slides/demonstrations.
> I'm hoping people will ask questions, and maybe get a bit of discussion going.
> I'll be disappointed if there aren't any hecklers ;-)
>
> > I have offered to give a presentation on using Voice over IP with
> > Asterisk (http://www.asterisk.org/) or a presentation on Netfilters and
> > Shorewall (http://www.shorewall.org/).
>
> Sounds good.

Well, hopefully I'll actually get time to produce something in advance
so that I know what I'm talking about.

As an aside I may be able to borrow a projector and a screen. Is this of
any use to you Paul?

> > If anyone else wants to talk about something, please say so!
>
> Seconded. Maybe I'll start a wiki page so that people can (a) suggest things
> they'd like to hear about, and (b) volunteer to talk about things.
> Attendance has been particularly poor recently, so I'm hoping a bit of
> direction will encourage people to attend. Your LUG needs you!
>
> > The other thing is Venue. So far we have two suggestions,
> > CoffeeEvolution and Vox Bar, both on Wood St, just down from the train
> > station. If you have a preference for either of these, would prefer
> > somewhere else, or don't mind either way, please say so.
>
> Vox Bar sounds as good as anything, so I say we go for that. We can always go
> somewhere else next month if it isn't to our collective liking.

Goodo - Vox now has wireless internet which we can use for free. I
haven't tested it in the downstairs room, but it *should* be OK.

> > There's more info about both venues at
> > http://grimstick.beezly.org.uk/www.hud.lug.org.uk/index.php/Venue
>
> I'm currently in the process of updating the wiki to reflect the contents of
> this email.

Ta,

Andrew